Flat battery riddle, whats going on!

Brettster

Totally perplexed by this and wondered if anyone had similar problems,

So left Zed at train station sat afternoon ( no need for lights) and returned sunday afternoon with flat battery.

Monday am got it jump started, (by mechanic, and he took a reading and battery was fine) drove 15 miles to work, At end of day left to drive home and again flat!! So i stayed on and got the battery charged. Few hours later drive home no problems.

This morning car starts fine, Drive to work 15 miles, and leave, Then i just go out to leave and its flat again!

No lights on anytime.

Is there anything i could have accidently tripped on inside the car, pressed a button that would drain the battery that im unaware of.

Or is it just a ropey battery??

Confused!!

Next time you leave it for a few hours or overnight, before you start it check the voltage reading on the voltmeter, if it's below 12 volts then it is possibly the battery, you can confirm this by checking the voltage output from the alternator by putting a volt meter across the battery terminals with the engine running, if you haven't got a voltmeter use the one in the car as a guide, if this reads over 14v then the alternator is ok and your battery is on the way out. Once one cell collapses it will never recover nor have the current to crank the engine.

I'm sure this has been done, but... Have you checked battery terminals for tightness? I say this because I a few random flat battery experiences in the first couple of weeks of ownership, would return to car to find it completely flat, turned out loose terminals on battery.

Just a tought. Hope you get it sorted.