UTEC installed: N/A mods make you run rich?

Removed

Just finished putting the UTEC in my car, finally.

Done the first test of datalogging from standing still, and just revving the car up.

Results are in the .xls file

Don't understand much of tuning, but the word "rich" seems rather self explanatory :dry: this was on map 0 i.e. ECU controlling everything.

Now to find someone who can help me tuning the US maps from Japtrix....

Just noticed it doesn't include the headings... first left is RPM, others I can't remember, will post later

not my fault if you are clueless about engine mapping ;)

there's 6 types of datalogging in the UTEC, as I sd I just installed it, set it on map 0 and messed around a bit. Will get round to post other datalogs, which will be no use to you anyway :lol:

not my fault if you are clueless about engine mapping ;)

there's 6 types of datalogging in the UTEC, as I sd I just installed it, set it on map 0 and messed around a bit. Will get round to post other datalogs, which will be no use to you anyway :lol:

I'm willing to learn, what do these readings represent ?

0677 001 -17.9 00 ECU. rich 00000

0657 001 -17.9 00 ECU. rich 00000

0671 000 -17.9 00 ECU. rich 00000

0666 001 -17.9 00 ECU. rich 00000

as I said the heading of the columns have not been copied across in the file while datalogging. I know the leftmost column reading is RPMs, as I remember that heading, and the column that says "rich" is the AFR which is calculated internally by the UTEC.

Unfortunately i haven't got time right now to datalog and play more as I have to do some coursework so you'll learn some other time

you guys want to learn... do as I do and study the UTEC manual. Available to download from www.turboxs.com ;)

finally put everything back together. Now have a neat map switch on the central tunnel, next to where my B2 is.

Tried briefly the security mode and car would not start B) works then :teeth:

Also tried Valet mode, (supposed to make it rev to 4000prm max, but didn't work from standing, maybe works with engine load only?

Lastly, tried running for a bit with the Japtrix map I have, you can tell it kicks in as there is a slight hesitation when you change the map. Haven't pushied it though, so can't tell if I feel any difference (and probably wouldn't as it'd give max 15-20hp anyway)

I'll have a word with Allan on Sunday, will let him have a look at the datalogs and ask if he's willing to have a go at tuning it (and for how much... )

Ah, I see.

Adavance the cam timing double over the valve opening reaction time and that should sort the problem. I think the UTEC manual says to dial in 990360 to activate........ :D:p:wacko:

oh I'm fine Andy, I'm not stupid enough to start changin fueling or timing on my own ;)

The map the UTEC came in was made by Japtrix who's one of the best tuners in the US, on a Z with similar NA mods as mine so it will be safe, albeit not particularly designed for MY Z, hence the input of someone who does that for a living, like Allan @ WRC :)

thats interestin that. . . . . so what, 93 octane isnt UK 93 octance and vice versa?

is there like a straigh conversion formula?

Also, what would happen if you ran a map optimised for say 95 ron on 100 ron? would it cause anything negative to happen?

Jamie

the conversion table/calculator is in here somewhere, think it's in the faq. but yah their 93 equates to our 97 iirc.

afaik, if you ran a map optimised to our 95 unleaded, with a higher ron petrol, you just wouldn't basically have any extra gains