Machine Polisher Purchase / Demo

Ewan27

Hi guys,

I'm interested in purchasing a machine polisher but I am wary as I'm not sure I'll be able to use it correctly. I have checked a number of reviews and watched some videos but would really like to be shown how to use one properly. Does anyone know of any suppliers that will offer a demo of the product? I'm located just north of the border (near Carlisle/Dumfries). Failing that is any generous member willing to show me how to use one? I'm up in Edinburgh quite a bit.

Thanks,

Ewan

I was in a similar position as you a year ago. I decided to just go for a DAS6 Pro dual action polisher and teach myself.

My advice would be:

1. Have a read of this guide: http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/images/misc/dapolishing.pdf

2. Get an old scrap bonnet to practice on if you're worried about experimenting on your car.

3. Don't be afraid, they're easy enough to use and hard to do damage with.

I was in a similar position as you a year ago. I decided to just go for a DAS6 Pro dual action polisher and teach myself.

My advice would be:

1. Have a read of this guide: http://www.detailing...dapolishing.pdf

2. Get an old scrap bonnet to practice on if you're worried about experimenting on your car.

3. Don't be afraid, they're easy enough to use and hard to do damage with.

Amazing, thanks for this! Read the guide, very thorough! Also joined the detailing world forum and got £15 discount on the DAS6 Pro dual action polisher :) I bought 8 pads (different sizes and finishes) and a small backing plate. Luckily I have an old Merc to practice on before my new car arrives. I used to be a Yellow GT4 owner :(

• Like 1

Got my polisher and gave it a go last night. Unfortunately my before and after photos weren't taken in the same light or even at the same angle, but hopefully you'll get the idea!

Before 1

S0021002_zpse4ca141e.jpg

Before 2

S0011001_zps9118cd62.jpg

After 1

S0161016_zps99c94ff2.jpg

After 2

S0141014_zpsbdaffc0e.jpg

• Like 1

My second attempt tonight! Again I managed to mess up my angles a bit! Just concentrated on the heavy scratched areas, first 1 buffed right out, second 1 is much less visible.

First Before

1_Before_zps0f63b0f4.jpg

First After

1_After_zpsdbd62f4c.jpg

Second Before

2_Before_zpsf26bc16b.jpg

Second After(1)

2_After_B_zps2c83d21a.jpg

Second After(2) - I'm not this fat, honest

2_After_A_zps36625655.jpg