Hello everyone - new here :-)

:welcome: to the forum Ben and congrats on your purchase. I'm thinking that you're enjoying the torque from tickover compared to the rev happy Rex. There are plenty of variants of exhausts on youtube, unfortunately the sound quality is poor to say the least, but it might give you a few ideas.

Welcome Ben, i remember you from RX8 web site, from when you first started to rebuild your first rotary, and then started to buy others that had failed, fantastic reading at the time and still is, seems quite a lot of ex rx8 owners move to a Z in recent times. doesnt seem like four years ago tho :blush:

Cheers for all the welcome messages guys :)

@sam - your not kidding the zed is a very easy drive compared to the rx8, never in the wrong gear and feels very 'planted' all the time

as a car to drive i love it! i love having the roof down, i love the raw noise you get from the V6 and i love the way it gets oggled B)

as a drivers car though i have to admit the rex wins :blush: its more involved and generally less easy going but when you do get it right she repays you in the bucket loads.

i think, had i sold the rex to get the zed there would be times when i missed it and times when i didnt ... i guess im lucky i get to have both!

Anyone whose never had the pleasure of owning a rex really should get 1 ... they make no sense at all until you get to drive 1 for a while ;)

@azcry - good to 'see you' again mate how are ya :) a lots changed since back then ... nearly 100 engines later :wacko: The forums not the same anymore either. though there are still a lot of active members its just not the same

the price of the car is a lot to blame - ive seen good healthy examples (all be it needing coils and a little tlc) sell for as little as £1200 recently ... which is really mad since you still pay £1000 for broken 1 lol

Welcome Ben, i remember you from RX8 web site, from when you first started to rebuild your first rotary, and then started to buy others that had failed, fantastic reading at the time and still is, seems quite a lot of ex rx8 owners move to a Z in recent times. doesnt seem like four years ago tho :blush:

thinking about it mind mate you may be getting me mixed up with hadlowj there? he was the 1 that was buying the broken 1's ;) we started about the same time and still work closely together mind so an easy mistake make if youve not been around a while :D

do you ever miss the 8? out of curiosity ;)