Soundproofing

Dashurik

Hi,guys!

As You all know 350z is not the quietest car,road noise is very present in the cabin.I also installed new aftermarket sound system,which I like ,but on the high volume Interiour panels rattle and its not a nice feeling.

So,my plan is to soundproof the whole car.

Does anybody here did it before? Which materials have you used? Which company and how much you paid?

Depends how much you want to spend, dynomat is pretty expensive, a Zed is never going to be a quiet place so I used brown bread soundproofing :thumbs:

I'm not too sure how much to spend yet.If its way too expensive than I may just leave it as its.Just wondering what experience installers will charge for the whole lot.

There's also this stuff which I stumbled across today (whilst also investigating sound deadening)

Very impressive results! Interesting how much weight it will add if to do the whole car(not too bothered about it as I'm not using my car for track)?

I will check them out,hopefully they sell it in uk...

Edited by Dashurik

Depends how much you want to spend, dynomat is pretty expensive, a Zed is never going to be a quiet place so I used brown bread soundproofing :thumbs:

I'm not too sure how much to spend yet.If its way too expensive than I may just leave it as its.Just wondering what experience installers will charge for the whole lot.

You will need to do doors, behind the seats , rear strut, boot floor at the very least. Its expensive as obviously all the interior needs to come out

6ftx6ft wont be enough though I doubt.....

Agree...I think I need two or even 3 rolls of it..

I would say 1 roll for the boot alone then 2 for the cabin (doors/area around rear speakers/ floor)

Expensive and as I said a Zed is never going to be a quiet place is it, maybe get some cheap stuff like the brown bread and just try and identify where the problem areas are?

Just reread your first post, if it is trim rattle then soundproofing won't sort that.... what I did was get some thin draftproofing adhesive tape and put it in some of the edges where the trim touches the body ;)

I ve got trim rattle also,but I still would like to soundproof the whole car for better sound experience! All depends on price! I doubt it will be cheaper than £500 incl labour and materials.

Hopefully someone on here did it before and can give more answers to my request..

6ftx6ft wont be enough though I doubt.....

Agree...I think I need two or even 3 rolls of it..

I would say 1 roll for the boot alone then 2 for the cabin (doors/area around rear speakers/ floor)

Expensive and as I said a Zed is never going to be a quiet place is it, maybe get some cheap stuff like the brown bread and just try and identify where the problem areas are?

Brown bread? What is it? Can I buy it from Tesco....hahhaaaa....