creaking rear, any help please ?

M350ZB

Yo all,

Got my clicking axle done about 3-4 wks ago now, and everything is perfect on that front, but im still getting my creaking noise every now and then, when i pull on my drive at a slant, it creaks what seems from the left rear, also does it if i half mount a kerb, or a slant on the road, any idea's at all, cause when it does it, its doing my head in.

Ten out of Ten, Nissan Southend, fixed my clicking axle, and no more clicks, Woo Hoo ! :yahoo:

Looking forward to the summer meets boys!

I've read about the Clicking Axle problem and wondered if anyone could describe it a bit better for me....

I sometimes hear (when the passenger window is down) a "tick" sound upon accel / decel. Is this the Clicking Axle problem and do I need to see a Stealer? How bad does it need to be to get fixed? Is it dangerous or just annoying?

I've read about the Clicking Axle problem and wondered if anyone could describe it a bit better for me....

I sometimes hear (when the passenger window is down) a "tick" sound upon accel / decel. Is this the Clicking Axle problem and do I need to see a Stealer? How bad does it need to be to get fixed? Is it dangerous or just annoying?

generally you hear this on initial take off, a distinct click / clunk :)

The clicking axle will cause no damage to the car, jsut an annoyence, i got mine fixed at nissan, southend. There are two ways of getting it fixed the cheaper, being a re-lube, new nuts and bolts, or the more expensive, changing the shafts, so far all is good on mine, just got to find the creaking noise now, the hunt continues ..........

Strangely enough my car has just started creaking from the rear end as well. Noticed it a couple of times yesterday when I was reversing slowly on a cobbled street. I've not had the clicking axle problem though so it can't be related to anything that the stealers have done.

Do you have a drawing of these rubbers to pull back and where everything is, weather been pretty poor all weekend, but hopefull yit will clear for tommorrow and i want to have a look, did this fix yours, or ?

im not to sure where it is coming from, but if i pull on to my drive, my drive is a slant it creaks, also if i mount half a kerb with my car it creaks, defo the rear, not to sure, where from though, anyone got any pics, and what did he do exactly ?, i-e, where he put the tape and that, what was loose on his 350z?. Ithink it is coming from the rear left, but hard to tell !

Whoops, looks like a case of re-greasing up tommorow, any ideas on what grease, or don tthis matter, any diagrams at all please anyone ?

pic of the sway bar setup, although this is a different bar I have used this pic because it is easy to point you i the right direction.

The right hand end of the blue bar shows the connector or drop link, it is this drop link which needs lubricating. If you look carefully you willsee the rubber which needs to be pulled back and then use a staightforward spray grease, mostof thse come with a small straw attachment to make it easier to direct the spray right inside the rubber.

swaybar.jpg

i have tried re-greasin it, by jsut getting under neath the car, i cant really pull it back to get it in there, you got any more tips or pics, ideas ?, still creaking, but slightly better ?

you need to lift the car and have the wheels off to get to them properly, you can't really get to the rubbers from just underneath the car, needs to be done from the wheel arch.

I had the exact same problem at the weekend. I really bad creaking from the rear when on a hill or parked on the curb. It was so bad that even getting in or out of the car made it happen. The off side rear seamed to drop very far into the wheel arch when parked half on the curb but looked fine when on the flat.

I spoke to the nissan dealer and he said don't drive it so I had to get it on the back of an RAC truck from Leeds back home to Nottingham straight in to the stealer who then couldn't find anything wrong with it!!!! :thumbdown:

I'll give him a call now and tell them what you guys have been saying to see if he can sort the problem. Will keep you posted to see if it works.