Colin Mcrae DIRT - demo on Live

holtehero

Demo Size – 768 Meg

Amount of cars you can Drive

Subaru Impreza

Mitsubishi evo

Beach Buggy Type thing.

Tracks you can drive

German Special stage (where you race along side another car on a dual track) – This track is the only track you can choose when you pick the Impreza

USA Rally stage (Racing against Time). This Track is the only track you can choose when you pick the Evo

USA offroad track race (against several other cars). This is the only Track you can choose when you pick the Buggy

All Tracks take about 2-3 mins to complete.

Ive given it a quick go, its pretty good. The physics arent as good as Forza, but the graphics are on a par if not better in my opinion.

The dirt racing looks mighty good, and probably just as good as that dirt racing game on the PS3.

Played this a bit more and definitely like the dirt track as you say very similar to Motorstorm on the PS3

Graphically i am a bit disappointed really and from a handling perspective the two rally stages don't feel right to me, car seems to slide about though its floating on the road without making contact

Download the Forza2 demo its quality

That would mean a major ball ache for me. My Xbox is on a wall mounted unit with my tv and surround stuff. The network cable is not attached so I'd have to go get it and rip the tv unit apart which I don't think will please Mrs Sarnie on a Friday night :surrender:

What you could do is buy a wireless bridge, this plugs into the xbox and then connects to your router via WIFI, leave it hidden as long as it can get a signal

I had one for ages until someone gave me some netgear homeplugs (which are actually better)

What you could do is buy a wireless bridge, this plugs into the xbox and then connects to your router via WIFI, leave it hidden as long as it can get a signal

I had one for ages until someone gave me some netgear homeplugs (which are actually better)

I've got a Netgear wireless router right next to my xbox. Is that what you mean?? :blush:

Its a wireless card for your xbox.

I use homeplugs too, as I have two xbox's and alternate which one I play on depending on whether there is anything on the telly downstairs the missus wants to watch.

(i ended up with two xbox's due to my impatience when one broke, and I could not wait for it to be exchanged).

I have a homeplug wired connection in the router, and then just move the homeplug upstairs if I wish to take that box online (along with the xbox hard drive).

Ill certainly be getting Forza 2, probably give Dirt a miss - though Im hoping to get a few hours Gears of War in tonight - maybe a drive on TDU.

if its right next to the router then you don't need one.

The way i had it setup is my wireless router was upstairs in my office and the 360 was in the lounge. The wireless bridge is like a wireless access point that plugs into the back of the xbox using an ethernet cable, then uses WIFI to communicate with the router upstairs

if its right next to the router then you don't need one.

The way i had it setup is my wireless router was upstairs in my office and the 360 was in the lounge. The wireless bridge is like a wireless access point that plugs into the back of the xbox using an ethernet cable, then uses WIFI to communicate with the router upstairs

Ok, so as my wireless router is next to my xbox, is it as simple as plugging it directly into my router and then away we go?

Yup. just a short patch lead (network cable) out the back of the xbox and into the router and you are away. :thumbs:

So the same lead I used to use to connect the xbox to my laptop? The one that came with the xbox is all i need? :blush:

Yup. just a short patch lead (network cable) out the back of the xbox and into the router and you are away. :thumbs:

So the same lead I used to use to connect the xbox to my laptop? The one that came with the xbox is all i need? :blush:

yep , thats what i do , and it works perfectly, connect the two and just do this..

Make sure you are logged in as a computer Administrator.

Go to the Control Panel (click Start, click Control Panel).

Double-click on Network Connections

Click on the Advanced tab, then check Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s Internet connection.

Click OK

Turn on your XBox and connect to XBox Live.

yep , thats what i do , and it works perfectly, connect the two and just do this..

Make sure you are logged in as a computer Administrator.

Go to the Control Panel (click Start, click Control Panel).

Double-click on Network Connections

Click on the Advanced tab, then check Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s Internet connection.

Click OK

Turn on your XBox and connect to XBox Live.

May give it a go when Mrs sarnie is out :ninja:

I guess it depends how many ports your router has and also if the router is wireless - i think what Janoof is talking about is connecting the 360 via the PC using internet connection sharing.

However, if you router has more than one port, you can connect both to it at the same time.

If its wireless then either buy a wireless bridge (or official 360 USB adaptor) or perhaps a wireless card for your PC (is it a desktop or laptop?)