Headunits - Help

Having only had my new 350Z GT4 for a few weeks now, I am naturally looking to personalise it to my own tastes.

With this in mind I have been reading posts relating to which headunit to buy, etc. However, it has become apparent that it isn't quite as simple as finding a headunit you like and fitting it. There does seem to be a lot of ancillary things that need to be purchased or changed in order to get a new headunit to work correctly. I'm interested in purchasing a double din unit and have seen a wide selection for sale, but I wouldn't have the slightest clue about what else I might need or if anything would need to be changed.

For a novice like me, what is the best way to go about this?

Thanks.

Thanks for the links guys.

The only problem I found with the incartec website is that when you get to the last dropdown that asks which unit you currently have installed, it assumes its a factory fitted one. When I bought the car it already had an aftermarket headunit installed and I don't have a clue what was in there previously.