New battery needed for 54 plate GT.

JoshC

Have had a look around using the search tool but couldn't really find an answer.

Basically my car started a little less smoothly than usual last night and on the return journey it wouldn't start at all. Recovery came and jump started it and said I'd need a new battery, hopefully it's nothing more than that. It wouldn't start again this morning so now looking to get a battery from somewhere today.

My question is, which battery should I go for? I'm not looking for a super fancy one as I have no extra ICE or anything that would require it, just need one that isn't going to gove me any issues. Euro parts seem to suggest a fair range from £50 (Lion Battery (Battery 031 3 Year Guarantee))to £85 (Exide Battery (Premium Battery 031 4 Year Guarantee))

Any suggestions?

I know nothing about pros and cons of different batteries but I got mine from halfords and it cost £90 ish.

Thanks mate, do you know whether that was the calcium or lead battery? No problems with it I presume?

I just went for halfrauds phillips battery. Got them to fit it for like 3pound. Took the guy abiut an hour :lol:

Do you remeber how much it was roughly if you don't mind me asking? Haha, I've never trusted any of the Halfords stuff to fit anything! :lol:

Just looked through the book and picked up the one it said fitted. Appeared to be the same battery as in a 1.4 nissan almera which I thought was odd seeing as the engine Is over twice the size.

Does seem a but odd haha! Will speak to Euro Parts first I think, see what they say!

Its a piece of **** to fit yourself mate. Google 350z battery change guide for a idea how to do it if your not sure. Took me about 10 minutes if that

Yeah, recovery guy told me to do it myself, said it's very easy so will most liekyl just pick one up from Euro parts and do that! Cheers! :)

We just supplied and fitted a Bosch battery to a members Zed, most local motor factors will stock them... :)

Go Bosch with Euro Parts. Problem sorted :)

Cheers both, I'm popping round to Europarts later but they don't seem to have the Bosch one in stock. They do have the slightly cheaper 'Lion' batteries in stock however and speaking ealrier to a friend of mine who works in a local garage, he says that the use they Lion batteries all the time. Budget make I guess but 3 year guarantee and seem to have decent reviews. Need to get it sorted tonight so may have to go for this one. Anyone have any experience with Lion?

We just supplied and fitted a Bosch battery to a members Zed, most local motor factors will stock them... :)

Go Bosch with Euro Parts. Problem sorted :)

Cheers both, I'm popping round to Europarts later but they don't seem to have the Bosch one in stock. They do have the slightly cheaper 'Lion' batteries in stock however and speaking ealrier to a friend of mine who works in a local garage, he says that the use they Lion batteries all the time. Budget make I guess but 3 year guarantee and seem to have decent reviews. Need to get it sorted tonight so may have to go for this one. Anyone have any experience with Lion?

Lion Batteries are absolutely fine, we use their Leisure Battery range for our split battery charging systems to support Doctor On Call vehicle computer systems.