rear speakers

chris w

Hi all, just got my zed (import) and i know there is a JDM section but think i'll try here first.

i've a double din head unit with MD disc and CD , its a 'carrizzo' or something like that cant remember exactly, the problem is that my rear speakers seem to be on a very low setting (sound wise) and i've played around for days with the settings, and not fixed it, also the fade is set to '0' .

just wondering if this is common ?

cheers

Not on my UK spec.

If you prefer the sound to come from the rear then this is a problem. They shouldn't really be 'heard', but just provide some rear fill. The sound should come from in front of you as if the music we being played there. :)

Not on my UK spec.

If you prefer the sound to come from the rear then this is a problem. They shouldn't really be 'heard', but just provide some rear fill. The sound should come from in front of you as if the music we being played there. :)

Exactly, sound is best from the front and the rear fills in more of an ambient noise, mine is set to +2 at the front :thumbs:

I have to say upfront I have no idea of audio... but my 2 pence worth... the chap who fitted them in Japan might have wanted a FWD bias on the speakers and underspecced the RR. Maybe you need to check power output spec for each speaker... Front and Rear

By the way the make you are talking about is Carrozzeria which is a Japan unique brand from Pioneer , I think like Lexus for Toyota ...high end stuff :thumbs:

http://pioneer.jp/product/index.html ( in Japanese unfortunately)

yeah i can see what your saying, but i like a 50-50 front to rear, but at the mo its more like 90-10

If you put the fader all the way to the rear, what happens? If you play with the balance, what happens? There could be a wiring **** up.

The only other reason couldbe amplified front speakers. If it's aftermarket, then the fronts could be on a power amp with the gain turned up and the rears running off smaller / headunit amp, so at any one volume level it sounds wrong.

Finally, if the rear / front speakers are the wrong impedance they will need more / less power to run them, potentially giving the same result.

Sorry if that doesn't make any sense!! :blush: