Help needed from a UK Roadster owner.

Space Cadet

Could somebody with a UK roadster please do me a massive favour and give me the part number that appears on the underneath of the floor piece of the cubby-hole in the centre consol by the handbrake, i.e. where you rest your left elbow.

I have a coupe and want to replace the mobile phone holder piece that’s in there, I know I could obviously cut a piece of mat etc to fit, but for the sake of £10 or so would just prefer to do it properly with an OEM part.

Many thanks, Mark.

Im sorry, my missus has the car at work today, Ill try and have a look at home later, but at the moment my internet conection at home is down (bloody BT).

If by some miracle my internet conection is working when I get home, Ill post it up if I can find it, other than that I'll not be able to post it up until Monday.

Much appreciated, my local dealer is pretty useless and thinks the Coupe is a UFO let alone the Roadster. Apparently the UK Coupes come with a mobile phone cradle piece as the bottom of the cubby-hole floor; they couldn’t even find that on their schematics but found a replacement cup-holder piece!?

Talking on the site, apparently the UK Roadsters don’t come with the phone cradle piece and just have a plain piece as the cubby-hole floor, hence if I can get hold of that plain piece then I can make use of the cubby hole.

Many thanks, Mark.

Thanks guys, but was after (if possible) the whole floor as opposed to just filling in the little 2" square hole. May be I’m at cross-purposes - is the roadster's floor piece the same as the coupe but just without the cradle?? In which case the only difference is the 2" hole where the phone's cables go which in the case of the roadster is filled in with the 2" square piece.

Ooops.. I couldnt figure out how to get it out,so just grabbed hold of the back, and yanked it.

A little piece came off in my hand. It appears that this little rectangle at the back is supposed to come off (phew) so I put it back, and stopped pulling bits before I broke something.:blush:

For a moment I thought I would be after the same part!

Ill have a look in the daylight and see if I canfigure out how it comes out - I hope there is a part number on the bottom.

It is the material lined box bit you are after yes?..

Thanks, really appreciate your help.

I've a feeling they are the same piece, has yours got a hole in the middle to screw something i.e. the phone cradle into?

The piece we ate talking about (hopefully) is the floor of the cubby-hole and it just lifts up in mine and yes is material (felt) lined on one side, it has the 2" piece cut out for the phone cable in my case and that is presumably what you 'broke' off.

Thanks.

I think its going to be one of those problems where I’m just not going to get to the bottom of it, have taken the phone cradle off and will cut a bit of mat to fit over the whole floor.

At the end of the day we're only talking about a cubby-hole floor after all.

Thanks for all your help, Mark.