why cant I recieve any radio on my BOSE.

Jimbo

Can anyone help, for some reason I cant pick up any radio stations what so ever it just scans and finds nothing, ive tried re-connectng the ariel and all cables to the HU but still I get nothing :surrender: .

Can anyone help?

have you changed to a stubby aerial since the problem occurred?

My Bose can keep tune of the the preset stations ( for example Radio 1) but now if I scan it cannot find Radio 1 for example... (I live in bedfordshire)

but if I revert to my old whip-aerial it picks it no prob.

An acceptable sacrifice for style ... in my opinion... B)

If this is not it...

Have you moved, tampered with antenna and antenna base?

Removed trim panels etc.....(could you have trapped the antenna harness? broken the connector or damaged it slightly...?)

No it worked fine with the stubby no worries, I did remove the stereo harness previously but like I said I have checked and re-connected all the wires, no trim has been removed from me so not sure whats going on :rant:

Hummm not sure , but random thoughts...based on old experiences...

1. Fuses? Sometime units had fuses in the back and they could blow.

2. You haven't mentioned it but i guess CD and tape works...

3. You get noise on the speakers (speakers are correctly connected and working)

4. I am not sure but on other cars the antenna base amplifier sometimes could get water ingress and eventuallty corrode and fail... not sure about zeds...maybe worth trying a longer antenna if it is only not being able to amplify signal ... but it could also be a complete base failure and therefore no signal failure...

other than this ... not sure what else it could be... unless it is a tuner fault on the bose unit... but never heard of any like this...

Certainly sounds aerial related to me. Is the aerial plugged into the back of the HU? Normally (although I'm going back a bit, it may have changed) this would be a separate (and quite chunky) lead, not part of all the rest of the connectors.

Just check this hasn't come loose or isn't plugged in at all. I know you've checked them all but it would seem to be quite a coincidence that you removed the harness and it hasn't worked since.

Most car speakers would be the same at 4ohms though.

Should still work though regardless, even at 8ohms (home speakers). All it would mean is that it wouldn't be as loud as the resistance is greater.

CD works fine ( i dont own any tapes ), I dont get any hissing or anything from the HU not sure whats going on ill try the misses ariel from her car, I have check the connection on the back its not part of the main harness its a black male connector same as most cars its just annoying me now :thumbdown:

if you have a multimeter measure the resistance between the shield and the pin of the antenna connector - might tell you if the coax is shorted or has water ingress.

******************** EDIT **********************************

Ignore this bit, just re-read the post from the start and you said it just scans so does sound like the antenna. Did you have any sucess with the alternative antenna?

Does the unit display RDS info (ie; does it receive station name infomation) if it does then the antenna is fine and the audio patch from the receiver to the amplifier is stuffed). Try a channel not in your presets as sometimes these are cached. Or if you search for a station by pressing the scan button does it lock onto any? If so (and it doesnt just sweep continually) then its not the antenna.

Do the AM bands work (as these dont normally use the same antenna).

If you let us know the results of the above we can try some more.....

• 2 weeks later...

OK ive quickly tried my Alpine HU and that doesnt pick up radio signal either so the problem is with the Antenna itself some where. I asked Nissan and they have no clue what so ever and now my BOSE says Secure and I cant do anything with it.