Data transmission

Flex

Guys,

I'm after a bit of software (hopefully free) to transmit some data to a government gateway. I have the authorisation in place to send the data but I'm not a software developer so I have nothing to send it with.

Can anyone help or point me in the right direction without swamping me with technical specs?

Best wishes,

Craig

Well, I'm afraid there's no escape swamping into technical details. It's like asking how to fix the piston timings on a green car with four wheels

Without knowing more details about the kind of gateway you are talking about you won't get much help. And posting those kind of details in a public forum is usually not recommended...

I suggest finding a friendly nearby boffin that can help you with this.

Well, I'm afraid there's no escape swamping into technical details. It's like asking how to fix the piston timings on a green car with four wheels

Without knowing more details about the kind of gateway you are talking about you won't get much help. And posting those kind of details in a public forum is usually not recommended...

I suggest finding a friendly nearby boffin that can help you with this.

Noted,I was really hoping a boffin would surface and we could take it somewhere private ;)

That maybe the data format but as zdan says it depends on their gateway and what protocols it's listening/accepting.

As I said in my experience they are typically very strict about what products can be used to interface directly but then I only have experience of corporate finance systems and its been quite some time since I've had to deal with anything like that.

Noted,I was really hoping a boffin would surface and we could take it somewhere private ;)

Makes sense. Unfortunately I can't help as this seems to be finance related and outside my area.

Best recommendation is always to check with the "gatekeeper" (of the gateway - ha!) and let them tell you what you should use to get in so to say