Replacing the OEM exhaust?

Dayy

So my car just failed it's mot due in part to the exhaust. Currently got a guy looking into prices for me but apparently it can only be gotten from Nissan so I'm not holding out for it to be cheap.

So with that in mind, what exhaust system would make for a good replacement? I'd want to keep a similar sound to the OEM system (can't be too loud as it already wakes people up).

Thanks

What price range you looking at? Theres a few traders on here that sell oem sounding exhausts.

No set budget, but ideally I want to keep it cheap. I'll have to see what price this guy comes back with for the repairs and compare it to the cost of a new exhaust.

I can vouch for the cobra system mate, I recently fitted a de-resonated midpipe and box. It's not that loud, trust me, if you heard my car drive away in a spirited manner you'd be annyoed if you chose a different option! I heard it for the first time the other day when my mate took it for a drive, I fell in love with the car all over again!!!!!!

If it's too loud, you're too old!

• Like 1

I can vouch for the cobra system mate, I recently fitted a de-resonated midpipe and box. It's not that loud, trust me, if you heard my car drive away in a spirited manner you'd be annyoed if you chose a different option! I heard it for the first time the other day when my mate took it for a drive, I fell in love with the car all over again!!!!!!

If it's too loud, you're too old!

Pleased to read you're enjoying your system... B)

What part of the exhuast has failed? The y-pipe around the flexis seems to be the most common so you may get away with just a part replacement rather than a full job, also a lot of exhausts don't include a y-pipe so if that's where it's failed you may not fix the problem.

Thanks for the input guys. Looks like its going to cost £400 for the other repairs needed. Hopefully getting my dad to take my car in tomorrow to get looked at for a price on the exhaust repairs. Should give me a much better idea then of exactly what needs repairing/replacing and how much it will all cost.