General Track Day Advice for a Beginner

Also

If you've not spun it, you're not pushing hard enough.

I'll bear that in mind next time ;)

A few more points/observations i forgot to mention:

All 4 tyres went from 35 psi, up to 40, so i dropped the pressure, but strangely the following day all 5 were more or less 33-35psi????? some sort of thermal/chemical changes had taken place in the rubber?

IMG_1029_zpsac3944e9.jpg

And I worked out I did 150 miles on track at Bedford, which works out to something like 36 laps.

Also I had downloaded an App called racechrono which alot of ppl rave about, a gps based lap timer, but it would load up but wasnt recording my times. will mess about with it more next time.

Edited by Oz Striker

Instead of trying to record all this data and thinking about lots of different stuff, why don't you just get some good hours behind you and really learn to control the car? Then you might have some consistant data to review.

Solve the brake issue then get back out there for a few days.

Just me..

• Like 1

Instead of trying to record all this data and thinking about lots of different stuff, why don't you just get some good hours behind you and really learn to control the car? Then you might have some consistant data to review.

Just me..

I see what youre saying, but tyre pressures is something most people check during a track day anyway so i was just sharing my findings, and regards to the brake temps, I just find it interesting to see how hot the brakes will get at different tracks and as my experience increases.

BUT yes the "brake issue"...... thats taken an interesting turn as i took them out to stick the old original brembos back in just to get me around, calipers went back in nicely, but the pads that came out, foooooook!:

IMG_1045_zpsa5d29d7d.jpg

Can read what happened and more pics here:

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/73788-help-needed-brembo-inner-pads-wearing-faster-than-outer-pads/page__gopid__1100188#entry1100188

Just me..

I see what youre saying, but tyre pressures is something most people check during a track day anyway so i was just sharing my findings, and regards to the brake temps, I just find it interesting to see how hot the brakes will get at different tracks and as my experience increases.

I was referring to the camera, the lap timer etc rather than tyre pressures..

The brakes are a weird one, unfortunately I can't offer any advice coz I'm not that familiar with the z brembo set up

Edited by Slosh

Just me..

I was referring to the camera, the lap timer etc rather than tyre pressures..

The brakes are a weird one, unfortunately I can't offer any advice coz I'm not that familiar with the z brembo set up

Cool, no you're right, i was being too ambitious to begin with, I'm only going to put the cameras in if I'm doing a full day, and even then just for the last stint or 2 in the afternoon session. It took me most of the morning just to learn the bedford, so no point in trying to set up cameras for just a half day, which is what I'm planning on doing next as I'm still not quite sure either whats going on with the brakes.

http://www.catdrivertraining.co.uk/

Thanks I'll check them out in more detail, I had found there website after doing bedford, they have quite an extensive collection of courses, but as with a lot of these websites its difficult to know which are any good, without recommendations.

Sounds like youve done some sessions?

try this one http://www.catdrivertraining.co.uk/driver-training-courses/one-to-one-driving-courses/racing-driver-training.html you can pick the level. I'm sure if you ring them they do courses with small groups at a lot less cost.