Abs on track

paulashy

Just got back from a trip to the ring, the first time I have had the 350z on track and I found that the abs would kick in on the front right when light braking. Just had brand new discs, pads, braided lines and fluid. Any one else had this problem or know what it might be? Or is it just getting use to the abs in the 350z?

hi,

planing a ring trip myself (aug) just for the turistenfarten as im near by. How did you find the Z grip? were the brake upgrades worth it?

I havent had my abs cut in yet on street, and ive been doing plenty of Grune Holle practise / vry hard braking.

Yeah the brake upgrade was well worth it, didnt overheat once either. The abs thing was a bit anoying but only did it when I was a bit hesitant on the brakes. This was my second time last time I went for a track day but didnt drive so first time driving the track myself. The grip was very good came from a fiesta st that had coilovers and was stripped out and have to say standard I was very surprised. Love the feel of he steering and how you have to put it in gear. My mates m135i is a cracking at but it has electic power steering and makes it so there is no feeling at all and with the paddle shift i felt it felt a little like you weren't properly involved. Will be going again next year hopefully on the 350z but looking into getting a e36 m3 and putting a cage and seats in that dunno weather that will come off though

Edited by paulashy

As regards the problem, are you sure it was only under braking? It might be the stability control kicking in, particularly if youre running non standard tyres and its only happening on one side, mine was a nightmare for it on track until I figured how to turn ABS, TCS, VDC, ABC, GDP and FFS off :lol:

The ABS function shouldnt be changed by new hardware, it may be a faulty sensor or something if not :)