Windscreen Washer Front and Rear Motors gone.......

jollyranchers

So both front and rear washer motors have gone , I've had them off today and get 12v to the connectors but neither will work.

I've had a direct feed to them off the battery too. Has anyone bought any recently ?

didn't really want to be paying £40 plus each, has anyone fitted any of the universal ones such as -

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Front-Windscreen-Washer-Pump-Nissan-Almera-10-95-07-00/300789495901?_trksid=p2047675.m1850&_trkparms=aid%3D222002%26algo%3DSIC.FIT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D11%26meid%3D8746332897824324834%26pid%3D100011%26prg%3D1005%26rk%3D1%26sd%3D300659250407%26 .

I'm assuming I can buy two of the same and alter the connectors for the rear pump ?

Also why have the pair of them failed together ? Very strange

Edited by jollyranchers

I bought two of them from the same seller, was for a 300sx tho, they didn't fit, not sure if the holes were too small or large (was a few years ago and got a garage to fit them)

Seem to recall CS (trader on here) mention they fitted some universal ones a while ago, maybe they can help :)

they may have both failed due to the one way valves getting blocked /stop working which in turn causes the motors to burn out as they cant pump the water.

the valve for the windscreen is under the brake fluid battery cover, i just replaced it with a piece of copper brake pipe, not sure where the rear one is tho.

• Like 1