New exhaust soon I hope

Paulz

Hi everyone. I am hoping to get a nice stainless exhaust for my 350z soon. I was thinking of getting a new y pipe and the eBay twin back box type exhaust or I have been talking to my local exhaust builder and he is saying he could build me a twin system for about the same price!!

I was just wondering if anyone has any feedback from the eBay twin back box system ( fit ment, sound and build quality) I will try and add a pic of the eBay type.

Or do I get my local exhaust builder to make me a twin system?

Also if I go down the twin system do I just get two small cans at the rear or would that be insanely loud?!?!

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

post-19156-0-06926400-1372186685_thumb.jpg

Planning on going with a true dual system rather than a Y pipe?

From what I've discussed with Abbey Motorsport you might be better off sticking with a Y pipe to the rear box unless your planning to go big power turbo setup.

Edit: Oh and to answer your question, personally I would have a silencer somewhere down the line as well but that's personal choice really. I prefer a little subtlety rather than making everyone think the world is ending when actually I just need something from Tesco.

Edited by longsh07

Ok that sounds like a good idea. I was talking to the exhaust builder this morning and he had a plan of the system he has in mind for my car. He apparently gets plans of the systems off topgear tuning and from the pic he showed me it looked like a replica of the HKS system so think I my go with that.

Thanks with the help on this guys. Much appreciated

The exhaust you've pictured looks like a Japspeed K1 (or at least a copy of), which (if you do a quick search) has notorious fitment and quality issues. However some owners have this system fitted with no issues (but the majority do seem to report one issue or another).

The K1 is a LOUD exhaust. The small silencers near the end of each tail pipe come with 'bungs' that screw into the ends. These reduce the volume level and make the exhaust noise barable. Removing the bungs makes the zorst VERY loud. Some owners like this, some put up with it for a while, then put the bungs back in and some put them back in immediately! :lol:

Anyway, I appreciate all of that is irrelevant as you're getting a system custome made by an exhaust builder - definitely the preferred and best option :thumbs:

Let us all know how it goes with details and pics :)