Traction control issue

x20drb

Remember as well that brand new tyres can often be quite slippy for the first couple hundred miles from the release agent they are coated with (unless you do a massive burnout of course) :lol:

From his comments I don't think the 'new' tyres were new, not unless they came with just 6mm of tread :surrender:

Remember as well that brand new tyres can often be quite slippy for the first couple hundred miles from the release agent they are coated with (unless you do a massive burnout of course) :lol:

Hence why I do this out of every tyre fitting ive ever had, you do get some weird looks from the fitters though!

Ive got some Falken 453's to be fitted to the rear this weekend with RE050's on the front. Hope the car doesn't freak out on me. No way in hell am I taking the RE050's off when they have a good 5-6mm of tread left on them. Shame the rears are just starting to get to the wear indicator lump hence the change.

hmmm, I'm about to move to mismatched tyres for the first time since having the car (FK452s being no longer available) - hopefully we wont have any TCS issues! however its the fronts im changing so there wont be any change in the amount of rear wheel grip.

but slightly more on topic, if you have TCS issues just when cruising, i would suggest a sensor. yes the bridgestones will have less grip than MPSSs, but they'll still have a lot more grip than budget tyres!

Try having a supercharged zed with Nanking tyres. The Traction light is a permanent feature. I refuse to throw away tyres with grip. I few I may crash the car before its time to change them though : S

presume you mean 'tyres with tread' as from the sounds of it, they dont have any grip!