Tyres wrong way round by cowboy mechanics

Argyll

• 3 weeks later...

I've decided to go back to the garage and take the free service but I'll get it checked over by a proper garage afterwards and never go back. However read more, you'll never believe this!!!

My car was veering to the side the last couple of weeks so I took it to a local tyre fitting place. i wasn't in the place two minutes when the guy said to me "do you know your front tyres are round the wrong way"!

Now I'll take some responsibility because I should have checked when he put the new rear tyres on but too be honest you would have though they would have checked all the tyres after the major mistake they made.....wouldn't you?

So all i would say is stay very clear of the mechanics at McKay trading in Edinburgh as they are a f**king disgrace!

Well sounds like you've learned a valuable lesson. Check things over before you leave. I'm lucky the places I go to, know I will stand and watch what is going on and they're okay with that. Sounds like you're sorted now. So what tyres are you running now? Oh, and out of curiousity how often are you checking your tyre pressures? ;) Good time to give things the once over.

I check them approx every 2 weeks but when I'm going a long journey I usually check them on that day.

I'm still running with the Kumo Ecsta's he put on but they are a pile of sh1te! I haven't changed them yet as I'm gong to buy a set of 20" Alloys so no point buying them now at 17".

The garage stamped my service book and marked it 'Lube Service" this refers that he has only changed the oil does it not? Hmmm 60 mile round journey for an free oil change!!!! I looked at the air filter, it looks new but would it get that dirty anyway that I would tell the difference?

The garage had two mechanics when i got there this morning, both were under the age of 25 IMO. Both were foreign, one being Polish. Afterwards I'm thinking he must be paying these guys really crap wages if he's having to employ kids really to work on these high performance cars. He must be exploiting these poor guys. Also how can he check if they really are mechanics if they are from abroad.

They more I think about it the more I know I definately won't be back.