Front lip woes.

scottyd

Well I picked up this front lip on the cheap and it didn't pay off the left hand side fits like crap..

Any ideas filling these gaps? The bit at the end is about 5mm

Looks like I might be purchasing a fibre glass kit :D

IMAG0494_zps341a1532.jpg

IMAG0492_zps63cb6f3f.jpg

Cheers

Heat the fibreglass up with a hot air gun and which makes it more plyable then push and pull it to where you want it then when it cools down it will stay in it's new shape :thumbs:

Sounds good ill give it a try :p

Just make sure you wear gloves as the fibreglass will stay hot for a while :thumbs: or even better still use clamps to hold it in position while it cools down.

Let us know how you get on with this one. Just bear in mind that that fibreglass (the word glass is important here) is a polyester resin that is thermoset chemically and is not a thermoform plastic, much like an epoxy glue. If you apply too much heat it will blister and even catch fire, good luck with putting that out! :blush: I work with fire retardant GRP and you'd be amazed to see that even an oxy/acetylene torch wont do much over a 5 mimute plus period.

That said it is possible to re-mould slightly and change the contour with extreme care, but after looking at the pics I think you might be asking too much to stretch it into another area. Remember, nothing sticks to fibreglass like more fibreglass, go get a kit and have fun! :)

Stick a rubber seal between the lip and the gasket, not only will it fill the gap it will also protect the bumper from scratching against the lip

Sent from my LT30p using Tapatalk 2

+1 Good idea if you don't fancy messing about with resin and glass mat, reckon that will work well.

Are you going to let us know where you got it from....save others stepping into the same hole.

Good luck, as others have said, probably easier to add more fibreglass......but try the heat first. You have nothing to lose.