Cracked screen!

MickJ

got my screen cracked yesterday was following a lorry, still question is anyone had one changed and who did they use, I was going to get Autoglass in, but not ever had a screen go before wondered if there were any suggestions.

TIA

Mick

Hi Mick :D

Steer well clear of Autoglass mate (unless your insurance covers their full cost - but I don't know what the service is like), they are very expensive, iirc around £900. That said it would be for a genuine Nissan screen, however you don't really need to end up with that. The ones that are manufactured from other companies are perfectly up to it (although some people strongly disagree) and are significantly cheaper.

My insurance policy only covers upto £350 for a screen with a £60 excess and the company I've used really are fantastic, although they are a long way from you I'm pretty sure they're part of a network so would be able to recommend someone for you - may be worth giving them a bell anyway its:

Bolton Safety Glass

97-99 Derby Street

Bolton, BL3 6HH

01204 393260

Good luck :thumbs:

thanks for the feedback thus received so far, must admit when I saw the figure of £900 for a new screen i had a glazed expression for awhile but have since been in touch with my insurance and it's all covered except for the £60 excess, and they do deal with Autoglass who are coming round this Thursday night to do it, I wanted a new screen anyway as there was a chip in it right in 'eyesight level'!

Cheers Mick

A standard UK spec windscreen FROM NISSAN is £463:55 + vat so where does the £900 come from?

The above price is for a tinted screen to match the side windows of the car as well.

I am STILL trying to get a heated screen for my car and Nissan UK really cannot be arsed maybe £900 is for a heated screen!!

I hope so as I am going to get the difference all being well!!

Ming the hopeful

Just an update, just had the screen replaced by Autoglass, had to go to their local depot due to weather, can only say how professional they were and a good job done, I asked what it would have cost me had I been paying, £374.67 all in, fitted and took about 70 minutes to do. :thumbs: