ISO Head Unit adapter

elrao

I am heading off shortly to buy the adapter to put my Alpine HU into my 54 standard spec Z.

According to the web and the chap in the store I need the PC2-72-4

PC2-72-4.jpg

However some people on the forum have used the PC2-76-4 model which is for the Micra

PC2-76-4.jpg

From memory, my stereo has three plugs (assuming the third is for the car kit and steering wheel controls?) so I should need the Micra one as I need the two plug model.

Any ideas why all the books state the 350Z as being a single plug?

I think that the Micra harness is to be used with non BOSE models but I can't be sure.

I would recommend you checking the connector at the back of the HU and it should become clear which harness you need as they are quite different enough to tell them apart.

I have a non BOSE JDM and the Micra harness worked a treat with my JVC HU but I don't have steering wheel functions.

Good luck!

For a non-Bose then I beleive the micra harness is fine. For a Bose (like mine) there is some debate over whether you can simple use the micra harness and wire up the amp trigger or if you need the PAC-ROEM kit that I used. Needless to say the kit did work flawlessly.

Which HU do you have?

Cheers - I have seen plenty of threads on this, but can't work out why all the manuals say to get the one connector model for a standard Z!

Almost had an argument with the chap on the phone!