Track session brake pedal soft...what to do?

ironhide

yellowstuff pads are pretty good btw. I'm a pretty aggressive track driver and have had no issues with them. The bluestuff pads are even better. You will still overheat the ds2500's though if you do not cool down.

I couldnt get any fade with the bluestuff.

Yep, it is really a two man job. The zed seems particularly fussy where brake bleeding is concerned.

I find the best method is press the brake, open nipple, close nipple(before pedal has bottomed out) then release. Then repeat in the correct order.

Any other method seems to introduce air and even auto breeders don't seem to work very well.

I think that's where we went wrong originally. They were done by pressure to suck the old oil out and whilst on the road it wasn't too bad as soon as I got on track and the pads got hot the air expanded and caused the fluid to boil. The rears were the worse. But now there's no air in the system and it feels good. The pads I fear are a little worse for wear since so will replace them soon, on the road they still feel good and better once hot, tried to replicate the track driving on the road (carefully I might add) and they seemed ok with the ABS kicking in when it was supposed too. Front tyres could do with being upgraded to help that.

I do still have a niggling feeling about the Brake Master Cylinder though potentially not holding pressure, is there anyway to test this? Are they easy to replace?

Its not your setup its how its setup ;)

Its definitely the fluid (boiled or air in it). I did combe with redstuff pads and EBC discs on the standard brembo's

The brakes were perfectly fine for such a short session.

• 2 months later...

I've got ducting to the inside of the front brake discs to keep them cooler and I'm positive it works but from my GTIR days those cars benefit greatly from a brake master cylinder stopper bracket as the firewall moved when you pressed the brakes. Has anyone bothered to fit one on a 350z? I've got braided lines and RBF600 and the feel isn't as hard as I think they should be.