Standard 6 spoke wheel centre size

Rick_1138

Hi folks,

I ordered a set of wheel centre caps for the 350 as mine was missing some.

They arrived and they seem too big for the wheel hole.

They are 58mm but I found another set from same seller but they are 54mm which seems more like it, however they are all for nissan 350 and various other nissan makes.

Can anyone tell me what the centre hole size is on standard 6 spoke 18" wheels are.

I may need to buy another set.

Am I missing something here? Don't you already have the wheels?

Why not just go measure it yourself? (Didn't mean that to sound as blunt as it does).

As you're referring to a 'seller', I'm assuming you got them from eBay. Items like this are often a genric listing, so it's always worth measuring first before buying.

For example, you can buy a full set of car seat covers (including rear seats) for your Zed on eBay.

The diff is about 3mm and measuring it accurately with what i had at hand (tape measure) wasnt an exact science.

I ordered the smaller size as they look more like it given the 58mm set 'just' fit but wont go flush, the 4mm smaller will.

Should have used a micrometer but didnt have one at hand.

ah well, for the cost i am not too fussed.

But in my defence it was for a 350z on the listing and i wouldnt have expected car manufacturers to have diff wheel centre sizes across their range as cheaper to make tham universal, BMW usually are.

Live and learn

I'd message the seller and state that they do not fit your standard OEM wheels and are therefore not as described. I'm sure the distance selling regulations cover this.

I'd personally expect an exchange for the smaller ones, so might just cost you a bit of postage to send them back, rather than having to pay for a set that doesn't fit aswell as a set that does.

I might be that one set are for the Rays and one for non-Rays, but I don't have both wheels to compare.

Good luck :thumbs:

Edited by 14N