90s Arcade racer - retro video game joy

sipar69

Since this is a car forum, and since some people on here seem to be interested in gaming, I thought I'd post a link to this project to create a racing game that harks back to the classic days of 90s games like Daytona USA, Ridge Racer and Sega Rally. The project is being funded by the kickstart model, which basically seems to involve people who want to see the game made pledging donations. This one has hit its target already and looks to be well on course to making it to reality.

If you're sufficiently long in the tooth, you might remember that before Gran Turismo and Forza shifted the focus on to realism in driving games companies such as Sega and Namco ruled the roost with very fast paced and colourful racing games in which the focus was on speed, fun and accessibility. I much prefer this style of game, so am really looking forward to it. Hope you enjoy the vid :)

ah the good old days

:lol: the good old days. Your to young to say that.

As well as:

Back in the day.

When I was a lad.

We never had that in my day. Etc etc.....

Leave us oldies something to post. :lol:

Edited by Harryjax

That looks so retro it's awesome. I'd love to see this come to light

Me too. Although I can see the appeal of them, I can never really find the time to invest in modern racing games which involve spending ages on upgrading your car etc. These games were great for a quick blast of fun. The game looks pretty certain to be published on various formats so watch this space :)