OEM Cats

TomS

Taken off of a 2004 with 35,000 miles.

IMG_1405.jpg

Collection preferred due to weight but I do have packaging to post if necessary. Will figure out weight and postage if/when the time comes.

£70 collected from Manchester.

• 2 weeks later...

Im interested TomS, but what assurances can you give that they are both in working order.

Typically, why were they taken off, were they taken off "your" 2004 car, were they ok before removal, not had any hard knocks etc.

They were taken off of the car when it was in my possession. I took them off as I bought a pair of HFCs for the noise! They were on the car since 2004 and passed MOT every time. Never had any noises or issues with them whilst they were on the car but I could not 100% guarantee they are in perfect working order as they haven't been on any car for 6+ months, but I very much doubt they have any issues :)

That probably goes for every second hand part you buy though, there's no guarantee unless buying new really!

Edited by TomS

Thanks for that. The reason Im asking is because Im considering getting them to keep for a rainy day as mine are ok at the moment.

Can you confirm also that all the mounting bolts/studs/associated brackets are still ok and not damaged during removal?

I'll check this evening about all the brackets. They were removed by Lockwood & Greenwood, a very reputable Nissan/Scooby garage in Manchester, so I doubt they will have anything wrong with the mounting points.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well you said at the start of the post that you wanted £70 collected and £20 delivery would make your total price £90 so I was only asking for a tenner off like seeing as you said you were open to offers. It's cool though, another member has offered me a set with 40k miles on for £75 delivered.

GLWTS

Do it nice or do it twice!

• 4 weeks later...

Ok thanks. I have the 4030 code on bank 2 and have just replaced the O2 sensor but the lights come back on again. So maybe I need a cat ? It's goin the garage on Monday so hopefully i'll know either way. I'll be in touch if it's cat related. Cheers dude

• 1 month later...