Search listings and Icons

Hi there, I tend to use the laughing icon alot " :lol: " is it possible to have this on the emotions side bar for quick access rather than open up all the emotions and scroll down everytime sorry to be picky, perhaps it could replace :) ...or :yawn: ...

secondly I cant get the hang of the search facility I wanted to find my post link when I first posted picture of my car and what people though as want to see what I could improve on due to peoples comments :surrender:

Guest prescience

I agree about the :lol: in fact I just type in :lol : (without final space) to avoid di*king around with the 'View More Emoticons'

The search facility is a bit limited with this software - it would be nice to be able to search for 'Threads Started by User' for example and 'Search Titles Only' as you can on my350z and 350z-tech etc :)

Yes - the search functionality with this software is a bit limited.

Ill add it to my list of things to fix/add.

More advanced search functionality would be an advantage, as it is simple SQL query, there should be add ons available to sort this.

The recent topics search is damned annoying, but we are still awaiting an update to that particular add on to fix the issue.

Being able to distinguish between "all users posts" and all users "topics" would also be helpful - and would have made Zedrush's task a lot easier.

Ill see what can be done to fix/add these.

Yes - the search functionality with this software is a bit limited.

Ill add it to my list of things to fix/add.

More advanced search functionality would be an advantage, as it is simple SQL query, there should be add ons available to sort this.

The recent topics search is damned annoying, but we are still awaiting an update to that particular add on to fix the issue.

Being able to distinguish between "all users posts" and all users "topics" would also be helpful - and would have made Zedrush's task a lot easier.

Ill see what can be done to fix/add these.

Cheers mate and adding the icon to the side?

yes the icons to the side need switching around I think.

There are two lots of distinct "pairs" where one could be dropped and replace with a more commonly used icon.

:) and :D for example - perhaps not both of these are needed

Also :angry: and :rant: - one of those will do.

nother option would be to create a scrolling box to the left so that you can click any icon from the fast reply or reply section, and do away with the "view more" section. Though that would probably take a little longer to do.

yes the icons to the side need switching around I think.

There are two lots of distinct "pairs" where one could be dropped and replace with a more commonly used icon.

:) and :D for example - perhaps not both of these are needed

Also :angry: and :rant: - one of those will do.

nother option would be to create a scrolling box to the left so that you can click any icon from the fast reply or reply section, and do away with the "view more" section. Though that would probably take a little longer to do.

Cheers Genie :thumbs: