Blackfire Ultimate Applicator pad

Ekona

Not often I recommend anything other than stuff that's sadly quite pricey, but this is too good to ignore. And cheap!

I ordered a Blackfire Ultimate Applicator pad from Polished Bliss along with a load of other goodies a couple of weeks back, but yesterday was the first chance I'd had to try any of it out. Make no mistake: The first time you hold the pad in your hand, you'll think it's miles too bag and what the bloody hell use is that going to be. I did. Then I tried it.

Basically you nudge the sharp edge of the pad (on the yellow side) into your favourite pot of wax, maybe perhaps a little more than you might with a regular round applicator pad, and then apply to the car. You should lead with the loaded edge, but keep the pad flat against the car. After one pad length you'll find the whole pad is now loaded up, and you just sweep it from one panel edge to the other.

You'll end up with a lovely thin layer of wax across the panel, and it'll take mere seconds to do and with just one loading up, rather than ages using a round pad. Honestly, the results are fantastic, and it makes even the more stubborn waxes easy to use. I tried it with my Swissvax Zuffenhousen which gives a quality finish but isn't the easiest stuff to remove usually, but because you can get such a thin layer on, it just buffs off with ease. As good as this is with normal hard waxes, I suspect it's amazing with liquid protection products too.

I'm going to have to get me some more of these, they're incredible. :)