Great day trip and some nice cars spotted!

stuarty

I'm just back from a great wee daytrip to Burntisland and St. Andrews wth the wife. 160 mile round trip.

Whilst in St. Andrew's i spotted some nice cars best of which was a gunmetal GTR R35, Black Lamborghini Gallardo spider and a nice Aston Martin.

I honestly thought the Gallardo was a massive let down, the Aston beautiful but for me it was the GTR parked right outside Greggs the bakers!

I spent about 20 minutes just starring at it like a madman.

My wife asked me why i loved it so much and in told her "I could buy one, eventually"!

Honestly, ive sat in one before that was fully wrapped in carbon white wrapping (NeilP's friend), but in gunmetal with the black rays alloys was awesome!

Mean't to say i was driving a new BMW 520D M sport. It had the 3 driving settings, sport, comfort and eco plus. I drove mainly in eco plus and i averaged 39 MPH and 58 MPG!

So proably saved around £10 in fuel than if i was driving my old Zed, totally not worth it, lol. Also going from my Z4 with M sport suspension the comfort and eco modes made me feel a bit sea sick at times!

Edited by stuarty

GT-R is an awesome machine but the looks let it down for me, I'm +1 with Shaun1982 on the Lambo's but think the Astons are lovely to look at. You can pick up a used GT-R for 30K, for me I would rather spend that on a AM Vantage.

• Like 1