Headunit dropping out

x20drb

Hi Guys, not sure if you can help, I am just helping a mate to fit one of these horrid ripspeed dvd units to his mg, and it all powers up and works fine, but then after about 30s of playing a cd, the audio sort of drops out for a second, then comes back in, proceeds to play properly for a few more seconds then drops out again and carrys on like this, any idea why this might be? Dan

fair enough, I would never buy one myself (have had pioneer double dins in the past and was very happy with!) however I was trying to help my mate out was wondering if it was something obvious like there not being enough power from the standard wiring? does that make sence, cheers

Its possible its power related, turn the headlights on and see if they dim when the power drops on the headunit. Does it do it when the car is driving along with higher revs? Other then that its most likely a cheap headunit with a fault.