Driver window issues in Milton Keynes

Yella Fella

Anyone with a z in Milton Keynes? My driver side window is stuck down in the door and won't go back up. It's been stuck up for ages and suddenly started to work for about a minute. Now it's failed but with window wide open.

I need to see if its a switch issue or the window motor failure. I can't even get to the 3 bolts to remove the inner panel! Passenger side is fine, really don't want to leave the car windowless! Cheers

Theres a reset procedure, Mine did the same a while ago and hasn't been an issue since I did the reset. Have a search, I can't atm as I'm at work.

I'll try it, but even with the switch not working at all? I couldn't see how the reset will make it work

Hi, just to note, are they referring to I have to manually move the window up/down? I've tried that initially and the window does not budge at all. I'll try this if the majority are adamant that I don't need a new window motor, as I've parked my car in my friends garage 40 mins away. Arranging transport and all that, I want to ensure this is fixed first time.

Just to note, the window does not work, its stuck down inside the door. The switch don't work, however it works for the passenger side.

try holding the switch up, and then a few bangs around the door trim just around/below the switch. if you're pressing the switch and nothing is happening at all its most likely a loose connection, not the motor. mine is doing the same thing - when the motor actually operates its fine, its getting it to operate in the first place that is the problem!

try holding the switch up, and then a few bangs around the door trim just around/below the switch. if you're pressing the switch and nothing is happening at all its most likely a loose connection, not the motor. mine is doing the same thing - when the motor actually operates its fine, its getting it to operate in the first place that is the problem!

+1 bang the door panel while trying the switch up mine been like this for a while don't use it now till I get it sorted as I have a roadster it some times goes down when opening the roof and then spend five mins beating the crap out of it to get it closed took 15mins or three rounds :bangin: to get it back up

haha that made me laugh... trust me, I banged the crap out of it, no joy... be quite annoyed if its a loose wiring as no idea how I'll be tracing that! Well since my car is parked far from me. Think I'll just take the plunge buying a new motor off ZMANALEX and selling the old one off for someone to refurb

If the motor dont fix it send me a pm. Im in MK too but ive only just seen this thread. Should be fairy straight foward to check.

No worries, I'll be driving now with a friend to pick my car up, we will attempt unbolting the inner plate away from the guides/window etc and replacing the motor there and then. Reset the unit and go from there.

Will let you know fella once back in MK