Cruise Control or Not?

rothers2901

I only use it on average speed areas, it is usually more economical to not use it

While I fully agree its more economical not to use cruise control, on long journeys its excellent to be able to set it and just sit there at a given speed. But I do agree with others it highlights how shockingly bad others are at speeding up and slowing down constantly!

Yeah everyone is different, I just don't like it and only use it if it is a set average speed area...

For those saying it is more economical :wacko:

You can try all you want but your still going from 70-71-72-70-71 etc. cruise control bang straight on 70 and it doesn't change. I don't have cruise on my zed and it's pretty crap on e46's. Mercs cruise control is the easiest and best IMO.

You can try all you want but your still going from 70-71-72-70-71 etc. cruise control bang straight on 70 and it doesn't change. I don't have cruise on my zed and it's pretty crap on e46's. Mercs cruise control is the easiest and best IMO.

Yeah but on an incline the CC is pulling to keep you at your set 70, if you are using your foot you can be aware and build up speed slowly before the incline and ease off going up it ;)

I don't worry now but when I had to watch the pennies I could always get better mpg with my right foot that with any CC :thumbs:

Find it invaluable in those long long 50mph roadwork sections these days, it's so easy to stray over when those average speed cameras are monitoring you constantly. Otherwise, never even thought to use it during normal conditions, you guys got me thinking now!!