Buying an import...?

saiper

Hey all.

I'm considering buying a JDM, but would like some input in regard to what I should watch out for and what questions I should be sure to ask when it comes to viewing. So far I want to ensure it's been converted to mph and has had the speed limiter removed. Also that the nav system has been reprogrammed to work in the UK. I have been told that I should also look out for signs of corrosion under the car because Japanese imports aren't "sealed" in the same way as UK cars....Is that true? Ideally I'd like to gather as much info as possible, so any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers

James:)

The Sat nav won't work and can not be reprogrammed. I've got an import look at the pedals and steering wheel to see if they are overly worn as some imports could be clocked also try and get one with brembos as if you try and change later on you could be looking a 1k for the brembo kit. If I was you I'd try and get a UK car as it will be easyier to sell on I only got an import as they didn't make UK automatics.

Whats your budget? As imports aren't too different in price from UK now.

6-7k. Seen a nice JDM for 5.8 though, two owners, full history etc. Very tempted. I'm off to have a look at it a bit later in the week, so will update:)

auto or manual also to change to uk sat nav you can just change the dvd behind the seat to the uk one job done apart from buttons will still be jap and have to play to find out what they do or change to uk also look for Nissan xtrail sat nav same for 350z but go cheaper well they did before others found this out :blush: