Going to service the Zed.... P3 and upgrade parts at the same time?

Louisa911

Hey, my Zed is due a P3 service which I'll be looking at myself next month, with some help from the other half. Just wondered what parts are worth "upgrading" on rather than replacing with OEM parts whilst I'm at it? Or whilst we are working on her, are there any other little changes or replacements to be made that won't break the bank regarding anything under the bonnet? I'd eventually like a Cobra system and a few other basic mods long term.

Have messaged ZMANALEX regarding iridium spark plugs which I think I'll order, also is it worth putting a Cosworth panel filter in?

Basically just any advice on what little changes or tweaks I could make to improve whilst we are working on her! Can't imagine there's much more than just buying the premium plugs / filter etc but you never know what amazing advice I might find from you guys!

Also am I right in thinking that the P3 service is basically just a regular P1 service with brake fluid? (so basically a P2 service?) as I've heard the additional P3 checklist points doesn't apply hugely to the 350z? Other half seems to think it might be worth doing the gearbox oil, he's a mechanic so its an easy job- but if its not necessary then I won't bother.

Car is on 72k by the way!

Cheers :)

Although I can't help with the initial 'upgrade' question, I'm currently working through a P3 myself (doing sections at a time) and have found the Nissan checklist really useful. I'm just ticking stuff off as and when I do it.

The checklist can be found in here :thumbs: : http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/61672-nissan-service-checklist/

P1 is oil and oil filter, P2 and P3 includes air filter too. Brake fluid should be topped up each service and changed every 2 years. I think its 60k for the plugs and probably something similar for the gearbox and diff oil.

• Like 1