Fitting harnesses to a harness bar

Vlad

As per my previous topic about getting bucket seats...set my mind on couple of seats so far....going to Grand prix race wear next week to check them out in showroom.

So obv. im gonna need sde mounts and decided in having harnesses, which means getting/fitting a harness bar. Found couple as well...

This video explains how to fit harness to a rollcage, so it will be same for a harness bar as far as I understand?

BUT...

All/most harnesses got a "bracket" on the end of every harness, so it can be bolted down... but obviously you can't bolt it down to a harness bar... unless Im missing something?

For example 2 different sparco harnesses

1. Is this the kind where I can de-assemble belt to take that bracket off and then fit it as explained in the video? Or no? lol

KGrHqNn8FCrJnw4kBQ9UO8qg60_12_zps3df46371.jpg

2. This one looks like its all 1 piece... so bracket on the end cant be taken off with cutting it off etc

KGrHqVrUFDfwEQBBBQ9SWHy2Vw60_12_zps85742fd5.jpg

A bit confused which style harness to buy, so it can be fitted to a harness bar. If anyone got an idea or had any experience with it, I would be much greatful for advice :)

Thanks

Vlad

P.S. I bet all of the above dont make any sence :lol:

You unwrap the end bit, so buy whichever one you want :) Bear in mind that if you're planning to remove the stock belts too, then you'll need an E-marked harness for MOT purposes. Both of the ones above will be fine, but if it was me I'd leave the stock belts in and get a decent 4 point harness in there instead.

Unwrap it? That's the bit I'm confused about... As if u look at the second pic - there is nothing wrapped... Looks like the belt was was wrapped around that bracket and then just sewn together...lol and yea, most likely will leave standard belts in, to save hastle later :)

Follow the belts back from the bits you've circled until you get to the first adjuster. That's the bit you unwrap to remove the eyelet part and wrap around the harness instead. Trust me, it makes perfect sense when they're in your hands.

Good lord they're cheap! No idea on quality, but price alone would put me off. Find out if they're E-marked, if so then I'd try them, else I'd look for a better brand. Try TRS if you're on a budget, I use them in the MX-5.