wiring system in help

jumping350

Just got a stereo and was looking for red/white line in so my amp runs into stereo and can run an rca cable to my amp from tablet .coming out of stereo there is a line out front and a line out rear 2red 2 white rca does this mean its an out to the amp?don't i need an in somewhere into stereo from amp or have i got it wrong?

Edited by jumping350

Just got a stereo and was looking for red/white line in so my amp runs into stereo and can run an rca cable to my amp from tablet .coming out of stereo there is a line out front and a line out rear 2red 2 white rca does this mean its an out to the amp?don't i need an in somewhere into stereo from amp or have i got it wrong?

Check out this site MY350Z.COM there are loads off trends about that stuff

I thought i might have ,ive got a cable that goes into my home stereo from tablet and its jack to rca so assumed it would be same, i have a aux in at front so jack to jack then? Does that even exist lol

with regards to amp i basically have line out but no line in,is that all i need line out from stereo to amp? Also the blue remote wire is part of iso connector on new stereo do i just splice into that and run wire to amp?

you really don't want to know the mess of wires i have to deal with showed mate amp under strut which was swiftly followed by a WTF

jdm wiring got to love it,so im on a mission to clean it all up

• Like 1

Unless you have a rear set of RCA aux in (most HUs do) then you will have to use the front aux in yes.

You are right about the amp power on wire from the HU to the amp this fires up the amp, usually blue/white but depends on the HU

You dont need anything to run from the amp back to the HU just the RCAs from the HU and a power on, and obviously a power supply from the battery.

If you are not sure why not just pay someone to sort it all, no shame in that :shrug:

Thanks smd that clears a few things up for me,funny thing is i had to wire my old headunit when i first got the zed four years ago once i finally got it to work just shoved it all back in before i lost it again lol got a pic somewhere you will find it amusing,but i did it once but i think having no aux rca in on new stereo has thrown me off which is odd

cheers buddy it has everything else bluetooth, jack aux in, usb, sd card, video input so just found it strange it didnt have what i need...as usual :lol:

Im gonna have a look around this is single din and more and more im getting tempted by a double din its weird as i was dead against them at first :shrug:

But i got a pioneer 4 channel amp and some crazy double sub box which ive deafened my neighbours with already and got whole lot for a bargain