Which colour is the sub amp power on?

leightonjames

Hi everyone,

I'm having a bit if a nightmare with the wiring of my head unit.

For one reason or another the previous owner has cut a load of the wires, both going to the sub and also to the head unit.

I'd just like to know which colour from the head unit powers the sub woofers amp? I've looked at the wiring diagrams but don't think a laymans wiring diagram exists anywhere! Struggle to understand how anyone could learn how to wire things in with all of those letters, numbers and colours!

My car is an 05, uk coupe but presume the wires are the same in all? I want to know as want to prevent blowing anything up!

Thanks very much

The stock wiring from the subwoofer amp to the head unit. There's currently no power at all to the sub and after looking behind the head unit, think it must be down to one of the four wires that have been cut! Why do people do this?!?

thanks for replying, will be attempting this tomorrow (weather permitting)

I got the sub from a member on here so am sure as can be that it works, just think they wired in something different as thought the bass was lacking, looked behind the sub cover to find nothing at all! Have now sorted the wiring into the subs amp and plugged everything in, rewired to sub etc. now just the mess behind the HU and believe me, it's a mess!

Cheers!