advice on bose system replacement

CavemaN1010

i replaced my bose head unit and followed a detailed thread and it worked but the volume was low so after more searching i found zed shed thread on not useing rca outputs and hey presto works a treat only now im wondering if i can use one of the rca outputs (sub one) to directly power up the sub is this poss or am i getting ahead of myself

mike

when i removed my head unit it had three connectors on the back one had only one wire blue and white but not quite the same as the amp power up leads was this the sub lead and how easy is it to use the pre out sub rca to power up my bose amp and (pretty please) how do i go about it

thanks

mike

i use a aftermarket sub in a purpose built box.

i left the o/e sub in place and just ran the new rca leads down the passenger side of the car .also ran a power lead(fused) from the battery to the amp located in the cubby behind passenger seat.amp switch wire(blue and white) came from the harness on rear of kenwood h/unit and runs under centre console.

You cant directly feed the bose sub, the front and rear signal goes to the bose amp in the boot, this then sends a signal to the sub amp. I guess you could in theory do it but i dont know anyone who has. You'd need to work out what type of signal the bose sub amp takes, it could just be a low level signal.