E-Tech Alloy Wheel Paint - Feedback?

14N

Has anyone used or have experience of using E-Tech alloy wheel paint? :shrug:

Seen a few posts on other forums and it seems to be good stuff.

The marketing blurb would lead you to believe that as long as you do the necessary prep work and spray with the supervision of a responsible adult, professional looking results can be acheived.

Thinking of using the gunmetal/anthracite stuff and 2 options are available. Without lacquer gives a 'motorsport' look finish, or E-Tech also provide a lacquer to use with the alloy wheel paint to give a glossy finish.

Anyone tried this stuff?

Ian :thumbs:

Yeah, that's the stuff Adam. General consensus seems to be a tin does 2 wheels though. There's a seller on eBay selling a 'package' of 3 tins of paint and 1 tin of lacquer for £26 incl postage, which seems very reasonable.

No photo's of the new wheels yet mate, but as you're curious (and I know you like your rims), this is them: http://www.tsw.com/alloy_wheels_jarama.php

I've got the one's with the black spokes. (Although thinking of changing the spoke colour to GM - hence the above query).

Yeah, that's the stuff Adam. General consensus seems to be a tin does 2 wheels though. There's a seller on eBay selling a 'package' of 3 tins of paint and 1 tin of lacquer for £26 incl postage, which seems very reasonable.

No photo's of the new wheels yet mate, but as you're curious (and I know you like your rims), this is them: http://www.tsw.com/alloy_wheels_jarama.php

I've got the one's with the black spokes. (Although thinking of changing the spoke colour to GM - hence the above query).

Very nice!

Look forward to seeing them on the car :D

You coming to Japfest by any chance?!

Cheers Ad. I'm undecided about the GM paint or whether to just chuck 'em on as is. Might have to ask the forum...

Japfest - gimme details. Where and when? Linky?

EDIT: Scrap that - Just found the event. 11th May Castle Combe. Leave it with me :thumbs:

Edited by 14N

Cheers Ad. I'm undecided about the GM paint or whether to just chuck 'em on as is. Might have to ask the forum...

Japfest - gimme details. Where and when? Linky?

EDIT: Scrap that - Just found the event. 11th May Castle Combe. Leave it with me :thumbs:

Good man! It's the best show of the year and a great turn out by the looks of it.

Hope to see you there.

Feel like I'm hijacking my own thread now :lol:

I'm a definite possibility mate. Especially as I can't make the Wales weekend this year.

Will have a trawl through the thread later (all 15 or so pages) and hopefully add my name to the list. (Just hope martinmac doesn't slap me for spraying his wheels - if I do). :lol:

• Like 1