Mobile phone advice

AndyC

I did the really clever thing of slamming my phone in the boot of the car yesterday and now the damn thing won't work (no surprise).

I've not long had it and have been meaning to back it up but never got round to it so I now can't get any of my phone numbers cos it won't switch on. They were all stored in the phone memory (yes, yes I know :thumbdown: ), anyone know if I've lost every number I've ever had or can they be got back somehow?

Andy, do you have a datacable for it or are you using bluetooth to connect to it? I ask as if you use a datacable, you may find that although it looks dead (ie screen not working), you can still turn it on and get access to the memory via the cable. You may find you have only killed the screen and not the rest of the phone if you are lucky.

Maybe take it to your local "phone man" and see if they can hook it up to any kind of cable/reader?

Chris thanks for that :thumbs: , I have got a datacable for it so I'll give that a bash at home tonight. I really don't think I'm that lucky though, I reckon I've broken the whole phone rather than just the display but its certainly worth a shot.

The really annoying part is that it was still working initially until I tried to get the dent out of it (its stainless steel). If I had of thought I would have got all the numbers off it before I started messing around. Lesson learnt.

Guess another one to check is although its saving your contacts to your phone, is that to internal memory on the phone, or an external memory card thats added to the phone?

I'm guessing its the former, but worth a check!

Guess another one to check is although its saving your contacts to your phone, is that to internal memory on the phone, or an external memory card thats added to the phone?

I'm guessing its the former, but worth a check!

If only life was that simple eh? Sods law its internal memory.

My last phone had an external memory card and I never did anything to that to break it - arrrrggghhhhhhh!