Did I make a mistake with my 350z model?!?

Madhatter

Hi All

Had the 350Z for around a year and a half and decided that it doesn't have enough kick from me. I've been looking around at the forced induction options and having had a turbo car in the past, I fancy a change and going super charger.

However my 350Z is a rev-up model and looking at all the FI cars here and the power I'm starting to really think I should have saved my money bought a DE version and still have roughly the same power output if I go down the SC route? I'd also save on the road tax?

Is there actually any advantage to having a revup if super charging?

I don't think there are any Revup Zeds SC'd? They're all 276's or the HR's.

Whether you have a 276 or 296, either way both being SC'd will end up with the same kinda figures. There's also the instance where 2 or 3 SC'd 276's will turn up and all give different end figures.

So really there's no big difference, and yes I thought the same about the 276 cheaper to tax etc. But I actually prefer the facelift interior and higher rev limit.

You haven't done wrong, just a case of getting your credit card out and spending the money on getting a SC.