Losing my rag - corroding wheels

H5

Id push for new ones icumber not referbs :thumbs:

Yep, you have a point.

Has anyone out there had refurbs and if so have the problems stayed at bay or come back?

I think i'll take some photos for myself and take the issue further once the dealer comes back to me after they've got warranty 'go ahead' from Nissan.

Also, mine are the Rays alloys which came as standard when I got mine. Perhaps the 5 year cover is provided by Rays and not Nissan ??????

The car comes with a 3 year warranty, and an extended warranty doesn't cover them. So I'm not sure where the 5 year warranty has come from? That's why I've had the issues I've had.

The way NMGB work it is to take your wheels off and provide you with new / refurbed ones that come from NMGB's preferred supplier. I'm not sure what I'll get but will let you know. Either way, they'll be being watched closely for bubbling.

IMO, I'd possibly prefer those refurbed in the UK, as it's cleat the Jap new ones have questionable quality. :)

Just been told by the company who are fitting my tyres, that my front offside GT4 alloy has a small bubble in it.

Just checked this and it looks a little bit like a stone chip, got some slight discolouration and its bubbling, don't know if this was a chip or whether its bubbled and the paint has fallen off exposing the discolouration underneath.

Spoke to the dealer and they want me to take it in take pictures, also noticed the rim has already had a small repair on another section. don't know if i should just get wickedwheels to do it