Tyre wearing advice please

davetstan

Guys,

Put some 20 inch wheels on my Z back in November and when cleaning it for 40 hours this weekend ready for the meet, I noticed some uneven wear on the backs already.. Only covered a couple of thousand miles so have been advised by a mate to get a 4 wheel allignment done.

However, the wear seems to be just right of centre on the right and left of centre on the left ie both edges seem to be ok????? anyone had a similar prob???

Another mate says they might be over inflated????

Booked in a week tomorrow and its 145 dabs :rant: is this about right???

dave

Yes mine was like this. The insides of the rears were very badly worn, I got 4 wheels allignment done last week and the rears were 10mil out of allignment. Got it all sorted for £30 & these tyres should last longer than the others :)

I had 4 wheel laser allignment and it took an hour max. Atleast 15 minutes of that time they spent admiring the car and looking around it B)

Also the guy that did the work mentioned that the Zed is one of the easiest cars hes worked on :thumbs:

What both your mates are saying sounds about right - 4 wheel allignment would be good.

Also wearing around the centre of tread but not the outer could also indicate slight over inflation (the tyres are ballooning slightly, therefore more downward pressure from the weight of the car is being applied to the centre of the tread)

see here for various exmaple wear patterns and pottential causes:

http://www.dunloptyres.co.uk/ourTyres/car/tyreCare/

Weird that, I took it to a place in Mcr yesterday well renowned for great service, they tune up evo's and all sorts. They have a rolling road that can handle 1200 bhp.

Anyway the boy there advised me they didn't have the gear to do it and the only Nissan garage that does is 20 odd miles away from me.

Is yours a JDM Ian??

Weird that, I took it to a place in Mcr yesterday well renowned for great service, they tune up evo's and all sorts. They have a rolling road that can handle 1200 bhp.

Anyway the boy there advised me they didn't have the gear to do it and the only Nissan garage that does is 20 odd miles away from me.

Is yours a JDM Ian??

There is a place in Wigan that Liam's Z has used amongst others....... he has definitely done 4 wheel alignment using the supertracker system....... for a decent price :thumbs:

UK Car

Almost didnt fit on the ramps though :scare: Was a very tight squeeze getting on & off the ramps.

I did a search on yell.com for wheel allignment & luckily there was a place about a mile from my house that does it. Apparantly they have dones quite a few skylines,911s etc.

I tried a few places like kwik fit and they didnt have the facilities to do it.

Shame that Ian,

Just rang another dealer and he says I also need Cast and camber doing not just allignment and thats the complicated time consuming bit. Not many places have the gear so looks like I will have to lay out the full wedge...

Dave.

PM Liam..... sure that place may well have all the things required. Sounded decent enough.

Thats what I thought, just PM'd Jacko for Liam Z's number for a cheaper quote...

Cheers guys,, you are all GURU's of the Z. :thumbs:

Dave

Dave,

Here you go. I've just rang Liam and got him out of bed for ya! :p

Its DP Tyres in Wigan - 01942 723366 (Darren)

:thumbs:

Cheers for all your help chaps,

Spoke to the boy in Wigan, he will do it for 35 quid, slotted me in on Saturday morning at 9am with no messing. Just in time for Sundays drive....:teeth::teeth::teeth:

I'll let ya know the difference over a carvery.

Dave