Mings NEW wheels - latest idiotic charity challenge

Emperor Ming

Hi Guys

I have been thinking of changing my wheels for a while now and with a lot of miles to do this summer - more of that later I took the plunge and went for it.

The good news is I have kept my old faithful as well.

Heres the new wheels

DSCF0653.jpg

She is a 'Quantum' Diamondback 'Fast Urban'.

The new wheels are to assist me in training for my latest venture/adventure.

I do an extreme charity event most years and this year is no exception! ( John O Groats to lands end, East to West in a Day, non stop 24hrs walk etc)

I am part of a team of ten (5 pairs) that is going to cycle - one hour on and four hours off - continuously from Barnsley to Buckingham Palace, Buckingham Palace to Cardiff Dome, Cardiff Dome to Edinburgh Castle and Edinburgh Castle back to Barnsley starting on the 21st of July. We aim to do it in 4 1/2 days non stop and should get about a total of 10 hours sleep in that time.

Support is a 15 seater mini bus in which we eat, sleep, change, drive and live when not actually on the road!!

Allthough the mileage per person is not excessive - just over 50 miles a day - the lack of sleep and scottish terrain will take its toll and it will be a PROPER challenge.

If folk are interested I will update this thread as things progress but to date we have been given/loaned the following! (Folks generosite never fails to surprise me)

A 15 seater minibus for a week - paid for by a sponsor

Two £2000 bicycles to use for the event - for those in the know they have RHOLOFF gears!! WOW I have NEVER even seen a set before let alone ridden a bike with them on! The rear gear set alone is £700!! (These bikes are a guys OWN bikes!! How good is that!)

My force have offered to pay for two top quality all weather flourescent jackets at £100 a throw and two full tanks of diesel!!

We have sponsored Tracksuits and T shirts and the offer of lots of 'air' time on all the local radios.

If you have any ideas - reasonably sensible ones please - please post them up as we are always looking at different angles.

This year I am collecting for 'Bluebell Wood' which is a childrens hospice for children with 'life limiting conditions' and I shall be after your money later on.

My best result to date was last year when I personally raised over £2500. I aim to beat that this year. (The team who did the 'End to End' walk raised a fraction over £12,500 in total)

Anyway. What do you think of the wheels??

Ming the long winded