2004 Car for Sale on Ebay For £7500 beware

350Znismo

There seem to be a lot of Discussions around a car for sale on ebay at £7500, I have checked it out and emailed the seller,

He is looking for a £3000 deposit up front before anyone gets to see the car which is hidden abroad, I have emailed him that I am prepared to travel to Zagreb,Croatia first but I don’t expect an answer.

Here is the details of the email (scam comes to mind )

Hello there and thanks for your interest.

I'm very glad that you like my car and I can only say that you have good taste about cars! The price I want to obtain for it is £7,500 (this price includes shippment and insurance charges). In order to eliminate any concerns I can accept a deposit of £ 3,000. After you will make the deposit then just forward the transfer details to Square Trade so they can check the deposit, and only after receiving and inspecting the car you will send me the remaining balance.

The car is like new, completely working, low miles, 2004 NISSAN 350Z GT model. It has always been garage kept. It is an UK model with UK specs (RHD) and it is still registered there and you will have no problem with registration.

Shipping will be done via TNT Cargo Departament from Zagreb, Croatia and it will take no more then 4 days for the car to arrive at the delivery location. I am in the Military and TNT Cargo Departament will manage me a low price for shipping and if you will pay the money transfer taxes wich will be at £ 150, I will pay for the shipping fees. I will arrange for you not to pay any duties when the car will pass through customs. In this way the car will be delivered to your home address.

Unfortunately I wasn't able to register the car here because the car is an RHD so I decided to sell it to someone back in UK. If you want to have it registered here have to start an individual procedure for the vehicle through the Government, pass several technical tests and make a lot of changes to the car which are expensive they told me. This is why I am selling the car so cheap.

This is a overseas purchase and I would like to use a third party for this transaction as I want a smooth and safe transaction. We will use Square Trade, I have completed a lot of successful deals using them. I have a Purchase Protection Account for US $10,000 and I assume you know what this means. If this is your first time using Square Trade here are their terms:

if you will not receive the car exactly as advertised or you won't receive it in 15 days since you made the payment, Square Trade will refund you from my account.

If you agree with these terms, please reply with your full name, ebay ID, home and shipping address in your next email so I can register the transaction with Square Trade asap.

Regards,

Sounds very similar to the:

"I've got 3 million dollars to get out of my country, if you help me I'll give you a cut" scam.

No doubt some poor soul will get caught out by this guy. Not necessarily this scam, but I bet its not the first or last stunt that will be pulled by people. :thumbdown:

For those who think you are covered by Square Trades money back agreement the seller pays £7.50 and can then say you are covered but when he disappears the total to be recovered is $800 shared with ALL SCAMED not the £3000 deposit. So very little guarantee

See an extract from a similar case.

Are eBay Users Getting a Square Deal from Square Trade?

By David Steiner

AuctionBytes.com

The home page of their Web site states, "Building Trust in Transactions."

Square Trade, eBay's chosen provider of dispute resolution and seller verification services, aims to help buyers identify trustworthy sellers they can buy from safely. But some eBay users ripped off by an eBay PowerSeller sporting the Square Trade seal might disagree.

On May 16th, eBay suspended the account of "Liquidationuniverse," a reseller of Toshiba Laptops. Authorities in Salt Lake City, Utah, where Liquidationuniverse was based, are currently investigating the company for fraud.

Liquidationuniverse was a participant in Square Trade's Seal Program. Every buyer that purchased from Liquidationuniverse saw the Square Trade logo on the auction, promising them up to $800 fraud protection, in addition to eBay's fraud protection of $200.

Part of the appeal of Square Trade is that the company verifies participating sellers and requires them to hold a certain standard of selling. What are the requirements that a seller must meet to gain a Square Trade seal?

• Agree to participate in Square Trade's Dispute Resolution should a problem arise

• Have their identity verified by Square Trade

• Commit to Square Trade's standards for online selling

For a fee of $7.50 per month, sellers who participate in the program can display the Square Trade Seal in their eBay listings. The idea behind the program is to give buyers a sense of security.

In reading the fine print, however, one discovers that, unlike eBay's fraud protection, the amount of Square Trade protection is the company?s total liability. If the many customers of Liquidationuniverse go through the process of filing for Square Trade's fraud protection, they will not be receiving $800 each. They will be sharing it.

A few months ago I raised interest in a BMW M3, the advert of which was almost words like for like to the above. After getting into emailed conversations with the guy about spec/pricing etc. I mentioned that I would like to get my solicitor involved. Surprise surprise, never heard from the guy again - give this one a try and it should work. STILL, that'll teach me for trying to buy an M3 :yuck::p

Just to keep you up dated I was having fun with him like promising to pay and he was emailing me that the car is boxed and ready to ship just pay the £3000 deposit, I was saying I can pay the full amount £7000 up front through PayPal, Just for the Fu*k of it and I go this email.

I'm From FBI.

PLEASE visit www.squaretrade.com

PLEASE do not contact the seller of 2004 NISSAN 350Z GT

We are trying to locate him

He is making frauds on internet.

It came into my private email (not the one registered on eBay)

He is doing the same on Autotrader but now in France

Thank you for your interest in my car. Some details about the car: NISSAN 350 Z V6, Convertible, Silver Metallic, 2003 manufactured, 04/2005 1st registred, 5004 miles. No accidents, no damages, no scratches, excellent condition, full UK specs, HPI clear, full service history. The price I'm after is 14000 GBP, including all the taxes, but I am also looking forward to sensible offers. The car can be delivered anywhere in UK at my expense, as the car is now in France-we have recently moved to France- but still UK number plates on it. For shipping, delivery and especially payment I have already paid to a well-known shipping company in France-fell free to contact them for further info.

Waiting your quick answer,

Kevin Boland

martin wrote:

Could you direct me to you web page and is the car still for sale

Regards

Martin