DVLA Sold Vehicle issues

rabster

OK so i got a letter from them on the 18th October for a car i sold at the start of febuary this year.

i sent the V5 and copy of the receipt the day the car was sold, as the car was sold before 9am i knew it would go in the post that day etc

i never thought twice about it and considered it a done deal sign sealed delivered etc no proof of posting was taken now. then out the blue i get this letter, it said that if i didn't reply within 14days they would issue a V5 to the new keeper. admittedly i didn't really read the rest of the letter as i just figured they were notifying me that if i didn't respond they would sign it over to the new keeper the way i thought it had been done when i sent the paperwork off lol

so i get a letter today with a fine on it for not notifying them back in feb that i sold the car. i have now read the letter i got in October whilst it mentions failure to notify them can result in a fine it doesn't state failure to respond to this letter will result in a fine

Where do you think i stand i can scan the 2 letters if people wanna have a read etc but im sure many of us have been played with by the dvla over the years lol

had this with last car, own fault as I trusted new owner to send off the V5. Was further complocated by the fact the nre owner lived on Ise of Man so had not taxed car.

Had no joy with phone calls even once I got by the switchboard (nightmate !!!!) but a letter explaoning the situation sorted it all out