Scratch removal on seat pad of front passenger seat

samsniss350z

Help i wonder if anyone is able to help me remove small scratches made by a puppy (no more than a couple of months old) on the passenger side seat pad of my Zed. The scratches on the black leather are not really deep but you can now see the orange colour underneath (the same colour as the orange stitching on the side of the seat. The scratches cover an area approx 3 inches square and so far i've just tried black boot polish (crap) I'm thinking of trying black dye this weekend but if anyone has any better and more permanent ideas i'm open to suggestion. Trying to patch it would need to be done professionally as the scratches go over the perforations in the leather and i do not have the skills for that. Any ideas gratefully accepted. Thanx in advance. SAM

Here is another shot of Sams drivers seat.

All I can say is follow the threads and buy the cleaner/sealant and Anthracite dye from

Buffalo leather. I can of sealant, 250ml max of dye and 250 -500ml of cleaner.

All the links are are the thread as is the instructions how to do it.

like I said the distance makes it virtually impossible for me to drive as I have Sciatica

otherwise I would suggest me doing it.

It is a tedious job as you have to painstakingly use 1200 grit gently on the scratches to remove the edges of the scratches.

Then using a tooth pick, drop dye along the scratch. If you rush it, it will look naff so make sure you have no destractions.

Let me know when you have the 3 items as there is no point in continuing until you have them.

I will then assist you and talk you through each stage.

I suggest you get the 500 ml of cleaner and deep clean both seats, as judging by the rest of the one in the picture, there is a lot of ingrained grime:)

Edited by 4RE Leather