iPhone dock?

Whazza22

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has ever mounted an iPod/iPhone charging dock to the empty cubby hole (for sat nav).

Would like to mount my iphone there rather than on the windscreen as I use it for sat nav aswell.

Would obviously need a supply taken to it, possible off the headunit.

Cheers ðŸ‘

If your looking at a phone/ipod holder, dont go drilling into the cubby hole as their a fair bit to replace.

This is a few photos of what ive got, i used it in focus for 2years and in my zed since november. Phone never moves, no drilling or anything needed.

This is it inside the car

th_Ipod-holder1.jpg

This is it removed (its attached to the zeds little removable rubber thing by double sided tape which comes off with bit of lighter fluid once ur trying to sell car)

Ipod-holder2.jpg

And a photo from the back, the angle is adjustable, so it can lay flat if you want to put your wallet in there, or at angle if you want to use satnav.

Ipod-holder3.jpg

Phone will not budge when its on this.

No damage to standard zed parts.

Cubby hole closes too.

The only downfall is that you cant place it height ways, but it seems every phone nowadays can work satnav sideways

Heres link http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Car-Sat-Nav-Grip-iPhone-Mobile-Phone-Holder-Dashboard-Stand-/190686458901?pt=UK_Holders_Mounts&hash=item2c65cc7415

Power supply, ive used a charger going from the passenger side lighter slot to wire over

Hope this helps

Edited by ddcboyle

Not sure if their varied, but if u have a look under the passengers front bit (where a glove box normally is, but half way down to the right), where your right knee is, theres a flip out thing. In there.

Let me know if its not there, i presumed it was OEM

Edited by ddcboyle