Best Place for Audio?

Aliensurfer

I've notice this morning my CD's skipping in the Zed, which I was expecting after reading numerous posts on here. I'm looking at buying a new stereo and wondered if there was anywhere (or any traders on here) to recommend going to see? I will need it fitting too.

I've seen a few on http://www.caraudiocentre.co.uk and really like the DD ones with a screen and BT built in so I can stream from my iPhone. Being in Manchester they are only an hour or so away from me..

Cheers in advance.

M

If it helps a little, I've read on here about some people securing a couple of those little silica gel packs inside the tape deck of the Bose which helps the skipping, it's thought the skipping is caused by the condensation.

I unfortunately have the skipping issue and passenger side speaker cut out issue so need a replacement, I really like the touch screen double din units too but don't want to pay hundreds for a DVD player I won't use.

I personally am gonna go for a 2nd hand unit off eBay for £100-£150

Your best bet is to find a model you like and google it for the best price. For example I found a decent spec unit on caraudiocentre.com and googled that model, and amazon had the same new unit for £50 cheaper.

Don't forget you will need a model with 3 pre outs if you have the Bose fitted, at least a 50w x 4 system and if you want to retain the steering wheel controls you'll need a unit with this feature (you may need to buy an additional adapter for this feature)

Obviously you'll need a facia and ISO adapter too, and some units require an additional lead (not always included) for iPod connectivity

Jon

Edited by Pnthrblkzs

On the whole 'touch screen' thing, I replaced my Bose because of the skipping and cut-out issues and went for a pioneer touch screen double-din. The sound is great, and it looks nice, but the touch screen is a proper nightmare; you can't see it in sunlight, and you have to be full on looking at it to know what you're pressing becuase you can't do it by touch which means traffic lights only really. Steering control compatability will help a bit, but only with volume and track, if you want to swap playlists or fiddle with the EQ you need to be stationary, which is a PITA. Kinda wish I'd got one with buttons now, but then they don't look as good, so it's swings and roundabouts I guess.

DB